Get crafty with your outdoor home decor for Thanksgiving this year by creating a personalized monogram to hang on your front door and a couple of welcoming wreaths on your windows!
– Command™ Outdoor Large Window Hook
– Command™ Outdoor Large Metal Hook
– Material scraps like old fabric, felt, etc.
– Large wood monogram of a letter of your choice
– Styrofoam wreaths
– Burlap ribbon
– Straight pins
– Hot glue gun
– Tacky glue
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Secure one end of the Jute string to the base of the monogram using hot glue. Continue wrapping the monogram with Jute, securing the string with hot glue every few wraps.
Once you’ve wrapped the entire monogram, secure the end of the string with hot glue.
TIP: Be sure to pull the jute string tightly as you wrap to ensure full coverage of the monogram
2. To create a mini pennant banner, cut triangle shapes from the scrap materials. Then, fold them in half to create a crease. Unfold the triangles and place jute string in the crease. Add tacky glue to each side of the triangle and glue them together. Tie the pennant banner to the monogram.
3. Depending how low you want your monogram to hang, cut a piece of burlap ribbon and tie it to the wreath. Wrap Styrofoam wreaths in burlap ribbon, using straight pins to secure the ribbon.
Cut 3 circles out of the material scraps and use straight pins to add them to the wreath. Pinch the ends and overlap the circles to make them look like flowers.
4. Clean the door and window surfaces with isopropyl rubbing alcohol, wipe gently and let dry. Remove the Command™ Outdoor Large Metal Hook and outdoor adhesive strips from the packaging.
Remove the red liner and press the adhesive strip firmly to the mounting base of the hook. Remove black “wall side” liner and press the hook firmly to the door for 30 seconds. For maximum holding strength, slide the hook up off its base and press firmly against the base for 30 seconds. Slide the hook back onto the base and wait one hour before use.
Hang the monogram on the door by tying the ribbon to the Command™ Outdoor Large Metal Hook.
5. Remove the Command™ Outdoor Large Window Hook and outdoor adhesive strips from the packaging. Remove black “wall side” liner and apply strip to desired location on window. Press firmly along the entire strip for 30 seconds. Then, remove the blue liner and press the hook firmly to the strip, making sure the tab is accessible for future removal.
Press firmly along the entire hook for 30 seconds and wait one hour before use. Hang the wreath from the hook by tying the ribbon to the Command™ Outdoor Large Window Hook.
Repeat step 4 to hang the second wreath.