Command™ Picture Hanging Strips make decorating quick and easy - no tools necessary. One click tells you Picture Hanging Strips are locked in and holding tight. Best of all, when you are ready to take down or move your pictures, they come off cleanly—no nail holes, cracked plaster or sticky residue.
A step-by-step guide for how to apply Command™ Picture Hanging Strips so they hold strong and come off clean.
Important tips to follow when applying Command™ Picture Hanging Strips: wait 7 days after painting before use, do not apply strips to paper or soft surfaces on frame, remove hanging hardware from back of frame, failure to follow instructions carefully may cause damage.
Do not hang over beds or on wallpaper. Do not hang valuable or irreplaceable items. Use indoors 50º - 105ºF.
1. Wipe wall with rubbing alcohol. Do not use household cleaners or water.
2. Separate strips. Click strips together.
3. Remove one side of liners. Stick on frame as shown. Press firmly.
4. Remove remaining liners. Press frame firmly to wall.
5. To ensure adhesive hold, temporarily remove frame from wall to reinforce strips. Peel frame as shown. Press each strip on wall for 30 sec.
6. Wait 1 hour for adhesive to build. Align strips. Press frame until each pair of strips clicks.
For damage-free removal, slowly stretch the strip straight down against the wall.
1. Grab bottom corners and peel frame from wall. Do not pull straight off.
2. Never pull away from wall.
3. Stretch strips slowly against the wall at least 15 inches (38 cm) to release.
How Much Weight Can Command™ Strips Hold?
Don't know which Command™ Product is right for your project? Check out the product weight limits to find the right product based on the weight of the item you want to hang.
Will it hold soundproofing acoustic foam board or decorative plates?
Yes, provided the item is within the weight limit specified for Command™ Picture Hanging Strips. We do not recommend hanging tapestry or other fabrics. For decorative plates, please ensure there is a smooth surface for the strip to adhere to. Do not hang valuable or irreplaceable items.
Can I reuse Command™ Picture Hanging Strips?
No, Command™ Picture Hanging Strips are for one-time use only. Command™ Picture Hangers (Universal and Canvas Hangers) may be reused with a Command™ Refill Strip (see instructions for more information).
Can they be used as vertical or horizontal?
They can be used either direction.