Command™ Hooks are available in a wide range of designs to match your individual style and decor. They also come in a variety of sizes and weight limits.
A step-by-step walkthrough of the proper way to apply Command™ Hooks so they'll hold strong. For Command™ Clear Hook instructions click here.
Important tips to follow when applying Command™ Hooks: wait 7 days after painting before use, do not hang frames on hooks.
1. Wipe wall with rubbing alcohol. Do not use household cleaners or water, as they can leave slippery residue.
2. Separate strips. Remove red liner. Press adhesive to hook.
3. Remove black liner. Press hook firmly to wall for 30 seconds. If you can see the tab of the strip, you are all done! Wait 1 hour before use. If not, complete steps 4-6.
4. To reinforce strip, temporarily remove hook from wall. Slide hook up and off base.
5. Press base firmly for 30 seconds.
6. Slide hook back on. Wait 1 hour for adhesive to build.
Learn the proper way to remove Command™ Hooks. Key tip: stretch straight down, slowly.
1. For two piece hooks: Slide hook up and off.
For one piece hooks: go to step 2.
2. Gently hold hook or mounting base in place.
3. Never pull away from wall. Stretch the strip slowly against the wall at least 15 inches to release.
To what surfaces will Command™ Hooks stick?
Painted, stained or varnished wood, glass, tile, metal, painted drywall and other smooth surfaces.
How do you remove Command™ Products if the strip breaks?
You can use dental floss to remove the base of the hook from the wall - just watch below!