Create an elegant, welcoming stairway collage that reflects your style using framed family photos and other decorative items such as a monogram letter, wreath and decorative plaques. After designing the layout of your collage, hang up your frames and decorative items with damage-free Command™ Picture Hanging Strips and Clear Hooks as shown in this project.
– Isopropyl alcohol and towel
– Family photos in picture frames – this project uses five frames - NOTE: Be sure the
backs of the frames are smooth
– Small wreath
– Monogram letter – this project uses the letter 'H'
– Decorative plaque - NOTE: Be sure the back of the plaque is smooth
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Plan the layout of your stairway collage by arranging the frames and decorative pieces on the floor or a nearby large table.
2. Before mounting the frames to the wall, prep the wall surface by cleaning with isopropyl alcohol, wipe gently and let dry.
3. To hang the first picture frame, remove the Command™ Picture Hanging Strips from the package and separate each strip. To form a set, connect two strips together until you hear a click. Then, remove one green liner and position one set of strips on the back of the frame. Press the strip firmly against the back of the frame. Repeat with the remaining strips needed to hang the frame. This project uses two sets of Medium Picture Hanging Strips for each frame. Keep in mind the weight restrictions for each set of Command™ Picture Hanging Strips; small strips hold most 8” x 10” frames, medium strips hold most 18” x 24” frames and large strips hold most 24” x36” frames.
4. Remove the remaining green liner(s) from the strips adhered to the back of the frame. Position the frame on the wall, using a level as needed, and press the front of the frame against the wall for 30 seconds. Remove the frame by grabbing at the bottom corners and pulling up and out toward you. Press firmly along all three areas of each strip for 30 seconds each and wait one hour before reattaching the frame. Line up the strips on the frame with the strips on the wall. Press until each pair of strips click and lock in place.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 to hang each frame that will be in the staircase collage.
6. To hang a small, decorative wreath, first remove the Command™ Clear Medium Hooks and adhesive strips from the package. Remove the black "wall side" liner and apply the strip to the desired location on the wall, pressing firmly along the entire strip for 30 seconds.
NOTE: Be sure to use the appropriate sized hook for the weight of your wreath. The Command™ Clear Medium Hook holds up to 2 pounds.
7. Remove the remaining blue liner and apply the hook to the strip, making sure the tab is accessible for future removal. Press firmly along the entire hook, and wait one hour before hanging the wreath from the hook.