– Tissue paper (10-12 sheets in each color desired)
– String (jewelry wire works well)
– Styrofoam shamrocks
– 4 twisty ties
– 1 sheet of 12x12 scrapbooking paper in desired pattern & embellishment for center
accent as desired
– Bone tool
– Jewelry wire for garland string
– Clean fish line or jewelry string
– Hot glue gun
– Needle or thin sharp object
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Create four pom poms and four pinwheels, by doing the following:
Poke a hole through top leaf section shamrock using needle or other sharp tool. Thread 6 shamrocks to string. Depending on length of garland, space 14” apart. Add a dab of hot glue on each shamrock (next to the hole the wire was strung through)
Attach the pom poms in the middle of each section using the wires added - see tutorial. (Leave an open space in the middle for the pinwheel)
2. Adhere the Command™ Clear Decorating Clipsto each side of the mantel and middle according to package instructions. After 1 hour, attach the end of strings to hooks.
Hang garland on the 3 hooks and enjoy year after year
3. Cut tissue sheets into 4” width (length can be the entire sheet). Then begin by folding accordion style (1/2” - 3/4” folds). Use Bone tools across each fold to define fold.
Secure twisty tie or wire around the direct center of the tissue and fan out the tissue to begin.
Pull the one sheet on the inside and outside and pull away from the other sheets. Continue the process until all sheets have been separated. Then fluff as needed. Add a wire to hang them from by using a 5” string around the middle section bound together with twisty tie.
4. Cut paper in half lengthwise and fold accordion style (1/4” folds). Use the bone tools across each fold to define fold. Fan out paper in circle until you have enough to make a full circle. Using scrapbooking tape, attach the sections together until the entire circle is secure. Cut a 2” circle of misc scrapbooking paper, in this case, cream. And add embellishment to center of circle. Secure the paper circle to the middle of the accordion circle. Cover back of pinwheel with packaging tape to hold together.