Add some Easter decorations to your mantel for the Spring holiday with ease with the help of Command™ Clear Decorating Clips! Perfect for hanging banners and lightweight wreaths (less than a 1/2 lb), these clips are easy to apply and remove without the use of tools or nails. Freshen up and decorate your mantel just in time for all of your Easter get-togethers. Follow the instructions below to create this project in your home.
– Command™ Clear Decorating Clips – this project uses four
– Isopropyl alcohol & cloth
– Easter-themed bunting flags connected with yarn or twine
– this project uses two
– Easter-themed hollow foam wreath weighing no more than .5 pounds
– Spring-themed flower garland
– Monochromatic bunny statues – this project uses two small white statues
– Monochromatic glass vases – this project uses two small white vases
– Plants for inside the glass vases – this project uses two small green bushes
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Gather supplies and decorations. Design the layout of the decorations on your mantel.
2. To drape the Easter-themed bunting flag over the mantel, first clean the surface with isopropyl rubbing alcohol, wipe gently and let dry.
3. Remove the Command™ Clear Decorating Clips and adhesive strips from the packaging, and detach the strips from one another.
Remove the black “wall side” liner and apply the strip to the desired location, and press firmly along the entire strip for 30 seconds.
4. Remove the blue liner and apply the clip to the strip, making sure the tab is accessible for future removal. Press firmly along the entire clip for 30 seconds.
Repeat step 3 to adhere the remaining Command™ Clear Decorating Clip, and wait one hour before hanging decorations from the clips.
NOTE: Be sure you are using the recommended number of decorating clips depending on the weight of your banner.
5. Hang the bunting flag by tying the ends of the yarn or twine in a tight knot and hanging each end from each decorating clip.
6. To hang your Easter-themed hollow foam wreath, repeat steps 3-4 to adhere a Command™ Clear Decorating Clip to the mantel. Loop a small piece of string from the top of the wreath, and secure with a tight knot. After waiting one hour, hang the wreath from string on the clip.
NOTE: Wreath should not exceed 0.5 pounds.
7. To balance the design on top of the mantel, fill each monochromatic vase with the plants and place them on either end of the mantel. Fill the space between the two vases with the Spring-themed flower garland.
To complete the decoration, place the two bunny statues together in an empty space on the mantel.