Decorate your porch to honor the red, white and blue, with these easy upcycled craft projects!
– Command™ Outdoor Light Clips – this project used two packs
– Command™ Outdoor Large Brushed Nickel Metal Hook – this project used one
– Spring wreath
– Denim fabric
– Super glue
– Wooden soda crates and porch ferns
– Stringed lights – this project used globe-shaped lights that resemble glass fishing
– Red, white and blue rope or twine – this project used one strand of red and white
rope and one strand of blue rope
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Instead of purchasing new decorations to honor the red, white and blue this year, use what you have and DIY some patriotic outdoor décor. First, identify the exterior space you want to decorate – this project tackled the front porch including the front door and porch railings.
2. To transform an existing spring wreath into décor fit for Independence Day, gather a few strands of red, white and blue rope or twine. Take one strand of rope and tie it into a bow to attach to the top of the wreath. Repeat with the second strand and feel free to add additional bows to your liking.
3. Create mini denim bunting by using scissors to cut three triangles out of denim fabric. String them together by cutting holes in the top corner of each flag and use twine to string them together. Then, use super glue to adhere the bunting to the front of the wreath.
TIP: Instead of cutting holes into each corner, you can also use super glue to adhere the flags directly to a piece of twine
4. Following package instructions, adhere one Command™ Outdoor Large Brushed Nickel Metal Hook to the front door and hang the wreath on the hook.
5. Stringed lights are not just for Christmas, so bring some out to decorate your porch railings. This project used globe-shaped lights that look like glass fishing buoys. Following package instructions, attach Command™ Outdoor Light Clips along the underside of the porch railing.
TIP: Add one light clip for every two feet of lights.
6. Complete the vintage look by stacking wooden soda crates off to the side and placing porch ferns inside them. Now, enjoy long sunny days, running for the ice cream truck and spending lots of time out on the porch!