Decorate your house with patriotic flare using damage-free Command™ Outdoor Hooks! Perfect for any Fourth of July festivity, Command™ Outdoor Hooks hold strongly and remove cleanly, leaving behind no marks, holes, or sticky residue! Go all out on your outdoor patriotic decorating this year!
- Command™ Outdoor Medium Slate Terrace Hooks – this project uses two
- Command™ Outdoor Large Window Hook – this project uses one
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Small American flags on sticks – this project uses two flags
- Patriotic pennant flags – this project uses on string of flags, approximately 5 feet long
- Light, flat wicker basket with rope for hanging
- Additional patriotic décor – this project uses one large American flag on a pole and three large patriotic bunting flags
- Additional outdoor décor – this project uses three hanging fern baskets
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Choose an area in the front of the house to decorate for the 4th of July. This project uses the window on the front door and the siding above the door. Clean all surfaces with isopropyl alcohol, wipe gently and let dry.
2. Gather the Command™ products, light, flat wicker basket and the patriotic decorations, including the small American flags on sticks and patriotic pennant flags.
3. Place the small American flags in the wicker basket so the flags are visible from the top of the basket. Make sure the rope attached to the basket is secured with a tight knot.
4. To hang the decoration on the window on the front door, remove the Command™ Outdoor Large Window Hook from the packaging and separate the adhesive strips from each other.
5. Remove the black “wall side” liner from the adhesive strip, and apply the strip to the desired location on the glass of the window. Press firmly along the entire strip for 30 seconds. Then, remove the blue liner and press the hook onto the adhesive strip, making sure the tab is accessible for future removal. Press firmly along the entire hook for 30 seconds. After waiting one hour, hang the basket from the rope on the hook.
6. To hang the patriotic pennant flag above the front door, remove the Command™ Outdoor Medium Slate Terrace Hooks from the packaging and separate the adhesive strips from each other.
7. Remove the blue side liner from the adhesive strip and press the strip onto the hook. Then, remove the black “wall side” liner and press the hook onto the siding above the front door, pressing firmly along the entire hook for 30 seconds.
8. Slide the hook up off of the base, and then press firmly along the entire base for 30 seconds before sliding the hook back onto the base.
9. Repeat steps 6-8 to place the second Command™ Outdoor Medium Slate Terrace Hook on the other side of the front door. After waiting one hour, drape the ends of the patriotic pennant flags over the terrace hooks.
10. For additional patriotic decoration, place a large American flag near the front porch by placing it in a flag holder, hang large patriotic bunting flags by securing with string tied around porch railings and hang fern baskets from pre-installed hooks in the porch ceiling.