Take advantage of the vertical space on your pantry door by hanging up decorative and organizational items such as wooden letters and a chalk board with Command™ Picture Hanging Strips and recipes and coupons with a Command™ Key Rail and Command™ Spring Clips! By using Command™ Products, you will not have to worry about damage because all hooks and strips are easy to apply and remove without leaving behind marks, holes or sticky residue!
- Command™ Medium Picture Hanging Strips – this project uses eight sets of strips
- Command™ Slate Spring Clips – this project uses six clips
- Decorative sign of your choice – this project uses letters to spell the word ‘EAT’
- Chalkboard and chalk
- Ring clasps
- Hole Punch
- Recipe Cards
- Isopropyl Alochol & Cloth
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Gather supplies and choose the pantry or cabinet door in the kitchen that you will create your meal-planning organization center on. Prep the surface of the door by cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol, wipe gently and let dry.
2. To hang the letters to spell “EAT” on the door, first remove the Command™ Picture Hanging Strips from the package and separate each strip. To form a set, connect two strips together until you hear a click. Remove one green liner and position one set of strips on the back of the first letter of your sign. Press the strip firmly against the back of the letter. Repeat with the remaining strips needed to hang the letter.
NOTE: One set of Command™ Medium Picture Hanging Strips holds up to 3 pounds. This project uses two sets of strips for each letter.
Remove the remaining green liner(s) from the strips adhered to the back of the letter and position it on the door. Press the front of the letter against the wall for 30 seconds. Then, remove the letter by grabbing at the bottom corners and pulling up and out towards you. Wait one hour before remounting the letter.
3. Repeat step 2 to hang each letter of the “EAT” sign. Repeat step 2 to hang the chalkboard underneath the decorative sign.
NOTE: This project uses 2 sets of strips to hang the chalkboard.
After one hour, remount the chalkboard on the door and use chalk to write out meal plans for each week on the board.
4. To hang the Command™ Slate Key Rail, first remove the key rail and adhesive strips from the packaging and separate the adhesive strips from one another. Remove the red liner on each of the adhesive strips and apply one strip to each mounting base on the back of the key rail.
Remove the black “wall side” liners and press the key rail onto the desired location on the door for 5 seconds, then slide the key rail up to remove it from the mounting bases. Press firmly along all three areas of each mounting base for 30 seconds each. After waiting one hour, slide the key rail back onto the mounting bases until it snaps into place.
5. To hang the recipe cards from the Command™ Slate Key Rail, first punch a hole in the corner of each card. Then, place a ring clasp through the punched holes in the cards, and hang the ring clasp from one of the key rail hooks.
6. To hang the Command™ Slate Spring Clips below the key rail, first remove the clips and adhesive strips from the packaging, and separate the strips from one another.
7. Remove the black “wall side” liner from an adhesive strip and apply the strip to the door, pressing firmly along the entire strip for 30 seconds. Then, remove the blue liner from the adhesive strip and apply the clip to the strip, making sure to leave room for future removal. Press firmly along the entire clip for 30 seconds.
Repeat step 6 for each Command™ Slate Spring Clip in your organization design. After waiting one hour, hang coupons and receipts for meals from the spring clips.