Laura Putnam, Finding Home
Add some festive flair to your front porch this year with damage-free Command™ Outdoor Products! Easy to apply and remove, Command™ Products make outdoor holiday decorating a breeze!
– Command™ Outdoor Large Brushed Nickel Metal Hook
– Command™ Outdoor Light Clips – this project uses four light clips
– Command™ Outdoor Medium Slate Terrace Hooks – this project uses two hooks
– Holiday-themed ribbon – this project uses about 30 feet of plaid print ribbon
– Safety pins – this project uses two pins
– Decorative basket with a flat back not to exceed 3 pounds
– Holiday wreath not to exceed 5 pounds
– Holiday greenery
– Additional holiday décor – this project uses a wooden sleight, green bench, and miniature snowman and cottage statues
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Before you begin decorating, clean all surfaces with isopropyl alcohol. Wipe gently and let dry.
2. To hang the decorative basket from the siding, first clean the siding of the house with isopropyl alcohol, wipe gently and let dry. Remove the Command™ Outdoor Medium Slate Terrace Hooks and adhesive strips from the packaging and separate the strips.
3. Remove the blue liner from an adhesive strip and press the strip onto the hook. Then, remove the black “wall side” liner and press to the desired location on the siding for 10 seconds.
4. Slide the hook up off of its base and press firmly along the entire base for 30 seconds before sliding the hook back onto the base.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 to place a second terrace hook on the siding about 2 feet below the hook you adhered to the siding in step 3. After waiting one hour, loop about 4 feet of the holiday-themed ribbon around the two hooks and secure with a knot. Then, hang the decorative basket on the bottom hook.
6. Use the ribbon to tie a bow around the top hook, and place holiday greenery in the basket.
7. To decorate the door frame with ribbon, remove the Command™ Outdoor Light Clips and adhesive strips from the packaging and separate the strips.
8. Remove the blue liner from the adhesive strip and press the strip onto the light clip. Then, remove the black “wall side” liner and place the clip in the upper right corner of the door frame, pressing firmly for 30 seconds.
9. Repeat steps 8-9 to place three more light clips around the doorframe, one in the lower right hand corner, one in the upper left hand corner and one in the lower left hand corner. After waiting one hour, insert the ribbon into the light clips, draping it around the door. Secure the ribbon in the lower left and right hand corners with a knot just below the light clip.
10. Create two bows using the ribbon and use a safety pin to attach the bows to the ribbon in the corner of the door frame.
11. To hang a holiday wreath from the front door, remove the Command™ Outdoor Large Brushed Nickel Metal Hook and adhesive strips from the packaging and separate the strips. Repeat steps 3-4 to adhere the hook to the door.
12. Wait one hour before hanging the wreath from the hook.
13. Place additional holiday décor around the porch. This project placed a wooden sleigh decorated with holiday greenery to the left of the front door and placed a bench and miniature snowman and cottage statues underneath the basket on the siding.