Shannon, Fox Hollow Cottage
Keep cords organized and safely out of the way by using Command™ Cord Clips to attach them to wall and furniture surfaces without damage!
– Command™ Clear Round Cord Clips – this project uses eight clips
– Command™ Clear Flat Cord Clips – this project uses four clips
– Cables, cords and wires to be organized
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Determine the best path from the electrical outlet to the cable box – this will be where you line the cable cord. This project secured the cable cord along the baseboard of the room. If necessary, use an extension cord.
Clean the baseboard surface with isopropyl alcohol, wipe gently and let dry.
2. Remove the Command™ Clear Round Cord Clips and adhesive strips from the packaging, and separate the strips from one another.
Remove black “wall side” liner and apply strip to desired location. Press firmly along the entire strip for 30 seconds.
NOTE: Use approximately one Command™ Clear Round Cord Clip every 12-18 inches.
Remove blue liner and apply the clip to the strip. Make sure tab is accessible for future removal. Press firmly along the entire clip for 30 seconds.
3. Repeat until you reach a space where your cable cord is no longer visible. Most likely, just behind your TV cabinet.
Wait one hour before inserting the cord into the clips.
4. Clean the wall areas you plan to line the cords along with isopropyl alcohol, wipe gently and let dry.
5. Repeat steps 2 – 4 to adhere additional Command™ Clear Round Cord Clips along the wall. Continue to add more clips along the wall as necessary to control the cord.
NOTE: If your lamp cord is not long enough, use an extension cord.
Wait one hour before inserting the lamp cord into the clips.
6. If you are organizing thinner cords, you’ll want to use Command™ Clear Flat Cord Clips. This project used them to organize a lamp cord near a corner wall. Clean the wall surface with isopropyl alcohol, wipe gently and let dry.
7. Remove the Command™ Clear Flat Cord Clips from the packaging and repeat steps 4-5 to adhere them to the wall.