Give your front porch a more welcoming feel by hanging up wreaths on your door and windows using damage-free Command™ Outdoor Hooks! A Command™ Outdoor Large Metal Hook looks elegant hanging up a wreath on your front door and Command™ Outdoor Medium Window Hooks blend in seamlessly when using them to hang wreaths on windows. All Command™ Outdoor Hooks are designed to withstand extreme temperatures, UV-rays, and moisture!
– Command™ Outdoor Medium Window Hooks- this project uses two
– Hot glue gun
– Decorative Moss
– Floral wire and wire cutters
– Foam paintbrush
– Outdoor-safe craft paint – this project uses green paint
– Miniature terracotta pots – this project uses 15 pots in two different sizes
– Burlap in desired color – this project uses green burlap
– Dried lavender or silk lavender flowers
– Willow baskets for window decorations – this project uses two baskets
– Willow wreath for main door
– Isopropyl Alcohol
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. To create lavender bouquets that will be placed on the willow wreath, gather the dried lavender or silk lavender flowers and wrap a large piece of the burlap in your desired color around the lavender. Wrap a piece of twine around the burlap and secure it with a knot.
2. Fold back the two front corners of the burlap and secure with a small amount of hot glue. Repeat steps 1-2 to create a total of 3 lavender bouquets.
NOTE: Follow all manufacturer instructions and safety guidelines for handling the hot glue gun.
3. Decorate the terracotta pots by lightly brushing the pots with outdoor-safe craft paint using the foam paintbrush. Set the pots aside to let the paint dry.
4. After the paint dries, line the inner rim of each pot with hot glue, and add the decorative moss to the inside of each pot.
5. To attach the lavender bouquets to the willow wreath, wrap a piece of floral wire around the bouquets and through the wreath. Cut the excess wire using the wire cutters, and twist the ends of the wire together to secure it in place in the back of the wreath.
6. Then, attach a handful of decorative moss just below the lavender bouquets using the hot glue gun.
7. Using the burlap, add a bow to the area between the lavender bouquet and the moss. Secure the bow with a tight knot.
8. Attach 9 of the miniature terracotta pots to the wreath using the hot glue gun.
9. Cut a piece of floral wire using the wire cutters and attach it to the top of the wreath, creating a loop to hang the wreath from. Secure the loop by twisting the two ends of the wire together.
10. To attach decorative moss to the base of each willow basket, first use the hot glue gun to add glue along the inside of the basket. Place the moss into the basket, adhering it to the glue. Repeat step 5 to attach the lavender bouquets to the basket.
11. Repeat steps 9-10 to attach 3 of the miniature terracotta pots and floral wire to each willow basket.
12. To hang the willow wreath from the front door, first prep the surface by cleaning it with isopropyl rubbing alcohol, wipe gently and let dry. Then, remove the Command™ Outdoor Large Metal Hook and adhesive strips from the packaging, and detach the adhesive strips from one another.
13. Remove the blue liner from the adhesive strip and press the strip firmly to the back of the metal hook. Then, remove the black “wall side” liner from the adhesive strip and press the hook firmly to the main door for 10 seconds.
14. Slide the hook up to detach it from the base. Press firmly along the entire base for 30 seconds and then slide the hook back into place. Wait one hour before hanging the willow wreath from the hook.
15. To hang the willow baskets from the windows, first prep the surfaces by cleaning them with isopropyl rubbing alcohol, wipe gently and let dry. Then, remove the Command™ Outdoor Medium Window Hooks and adhesive strips from the packaging, and detach the adhesive strips from one another.
16. Remove the black “wall side” liners from the adhesive strips and place them to the desired location on the windows. Then, remove the blue-side liners and place the hooks on the strips, leaving the tab accessible for future removal. Press firmly along the entire hook for 30 seconds. Wait one hour before each of the willow baskets from the hooks.
Optional: For additional decoration for larger porches, add pots of fresh flowers, chairs, outdoor pillows, benches and other complementary décor pieces.