Shannon Fox, Fox Hollow Cottage
Changing up your décor for the fall season is simple - just use removable Command™ Products! Command™ Picture Hanging Strips work great for hanging up autumn inspired artwork above your fireplace and damage-free Command™ Clear Mini Hooks are perfect for hanging rustic fabric garland from your mantel.
– Command™ Clear Mini Hooks – this project uses three
– Command™ Medium Picture Hanging Strips – this project uses two
– Additional seasonal decor – this project uses copper pots, seasonal plants, a crow
statue and a decorative pumpkin
– Seasonal artwork
– Isopropyl Alcohol
– Fabric garland
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Clear any current decorations from the mantel and clean the wall above the mantel with isopropyl alcohol. Wipe gently and let dry.
2. To hang seasonal artwork above the mantel, first remove the Command™ Medium Picture Hanging Strips from the packaging and separate the strips from one another. To form a set, connect two strips together until you hear a click.
3. Remove one green liner and position one set of strips on the back of the artwork. Press the strip firmly against the back of the artwork. Repeat with the remaining strips needed to hang the artwork, depending on the weight of the frame. This project uses two sets of Command™ Medium Picture Hanging Strips.
Remove the remaining green liner(s) from the strips adhered to the back of the frame. Position the frame on the wall, using a level as needed, and press the front of the frame against the wall for 30 seconds.
NOTE: Each set of medium strips holds up to 3 pounds.
4. Remove the frame by grabbing at the bottom corners and pulling up and out towards you. Press firmly along all three areas of each strip for 30 seconds each and wait one hour before remounting the artwork.
5. To hang the garland, following the package instructions. Adhere one Command™ Clear Mini Hook in the middle of the mantel, and another under the left corner of the mantel. Wait one hour before hanging the garland.
NOTE: The weight of the garland should not exceed .5 pounds.
6. Place additional seasonal decor on top of the mantel. This project places seasonal plants in copper pots, a decorative pumpkin and crow statue on the mantel.