Toni, A Bowl Full of Lemons
Need more space? Go vertical (and use the back of doors too!) Hang up and organize school supplies, laundry bags, jewelry and other accessories neatly on the back of your door. Use Command™ Clear Medium Hooks and Command™ Clear Utensil Hooks for a damage-free solution! Command™ Clear Hooks hold strongly, remove cleanly and blend in seamlessly - providing you with the ultimate dorm room organization ability.
– Command™ Utensil Hooks - this project uses three hooks
– Command™ Clear Medium Hooks – this project uses five
– Isopropyl alcohol and towel
– Decorative, removable stickers or decals
– School/class supplies such as pencils, markers, etc.
– Plastic cups – this project uses four
– Over the door shoe organizer (to be cut down)
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Gather your supplies and prep the door surface by cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol, wipe gently and let dry.
2. Use scissors to cut the shoe organizer down to fit across a small section of the door. Place plastic cups inside the organizer.
3. To adhere the first Command™ Clear Medium Hook, remove from the packaging and separate the adhesive strips. Remove the black “wall side” liner and apply the strip to the desired location on the wall, pressing firmly along the entire strip for 30 seconds.
4. Remove the remaining blue liner and apply the hook to the strip, making sure the tab is accessible for future removal. Press firmly along the entire hook, and wait one hour before hanging the wreath from the hook.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 to adhere remaining medium hooks in a straight line next to the first, spacing them out evenly to match the holes of the shoe organizer.
6. Wait one hour, then hang the shoe organizer on the hooks and place pencils, markers and other school supplies in the plastic cups.
NOTE: Be sure that the weight of the supplies is evenly distributed, as each Command™ Clear Medium Hook can hold up to two pounds. Be sure the full weight of the organizer and supplies inside does not exceed four pounds.
7. Repeat steps 3-4 to adhere the Command™ Utensil Hooks beneath the shoe organizer. This project adhered five utensil hooks. Wait one hour, then lightweight personal items such as empty laundry bags, jewelry and accessories from each hook.
8. To complete the area, add decorative, removable stickers or decals to the door.