– 5-6 colors of tissue paper – approx. 110 sheets
– Floral wire
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Lay stack of tissue paper out flat on your work surface. Start at a narrow end and fold over 1 ½ inches. Continue folding back and forth to create an accordion fold along the entire length of the tissue paper. For large flowers, use 6 sheets of 20x20 tissue paper; for medium flowers use 5 sheets of 16x20 tissue paper; for small flowers use 4 sheets of 12x16 tissue paper.
2. Fold the folded tissue paper in half to find the midpoint. Wrap floral wire around the paper to hold it together.
3. Cut each end of the stack of paper to make them rounded.
4. Set the tissue paper on its side and fan out one side of the accordion fold. Carefully pull the top sheet up, separating it from the other sheets to fluff out the flower. (Pull the sheets apart very gently and carefully so the tissue paper doesn’t tear). Continue separating each sheet until the flower is fully opened. Repeat on the other side.
6. Cut 5x12 inch pieces of tissue paper. Fold in half to create a piece that is 6 inches high and 5 inches wide.
Cut from the open side (without the fold). Make cuts evenly spaced about 4 inches long. No need to measure here; just cut fairly straight.
7. Open the pieces of paper and lay them out side by side on your work surface.
8. Lay a piece of string along the middle fold and tape it in place. Fold the paper over the string to create a two layer banner.
9. Hang each tissue paper flower on a Command™ Party Light Clip. Make sure that flowers of the same color are not right next to each other. Continue adding flowers to the wall and build a pattern all the way down to your serving table.
11. Cut out an oval piece of tissue paper, about 5 inches larger than the tub for sodas. Cut 3 inch strips along the entire edge of the paper and scrunch it up a little to give it depth. Lay the tissue paper on the table and place the tub in the middle of it. Add Mexican sodas and ice.
12. Print sombreros on card stock and cut them out. Tape toothpicks to the back of the sombreros and place them in the cupcakes.
13. Set the table with Mexican themed items and food like a piñata, chips and salsa, etc. Use items that match the colors of the flowers to complete the scene.