Turn Halloween decorating into a fun, Fall family activity! One thing you can do is transform your living room mantel into a seasonal focal point within the home, using these spooktacular DIY crafts and decorative pieces!
– Command™ Party Ceiling Hooks - this project used eight
– Command™ Party Banner Anchors - this project used two
– Accent pieces such as old windows, neutral art prints, large picture frames, vases, candlesticks, etc.
– 8 Halloween silhouettes in various designs such as bats and spiders to hang from ceiling
– Clear fishing wire
– Hole puncher
– 7 bat silhouettes to create banner
– Tape measure
– Transparent tape
– Plastic snakes and spiders
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. To start, set the space and prop some old windows on your mantel. If you don’t have old windows, use something neutral such as art prints, picture frames, vases, candlesticks, etc. Hang 8 Command™ Party Ceiling Hooksto the ceiling above the mantel in a dispersed, random order. This will be what you hang your Halloween silhouettes from. Using the hole puncher, punch one small hole at the top of each Halloween silhouette. Cut 8 pieces of clear fishing wire and string one piece through the hole in each silhouette you plan to hang from the ceiling. Hang one silhouette from each party ceiling hook.
2. Using the tape measure, measure the length of the mantel to determine how long the bat banner should be. Line the bat silhouettes in a horizontal line on a flat surface, leaving approximately 1 inch between each bat. Measure the clear fishing wire so it is as long as the horizontal line of bat silhouettes, leaving approximately 4 inches of extra clear fishing wire on the right and left sides and cut to size. Using transparent tape, tape the clear fishing wire to the back of the each bat silhouette.
4. Add a few pumpkins, plastic snakes and spiders to complete your Halloween mantel!