This easy project takes very little time to pull together, even if you’re not great at making wreaths! Welcome your friends and family with this quick entryway project.
- Command™ Picture Hanging Strips – this project used one set
- Smooth foam wreath – this project used a ten inch diameter form
- Two colors of acrylic craft paint – this project used aqua and white
- Paint Brush
- Four pieces of 0.75-inch white grosgrain ribbon – each 12 inches long
- One piece of 0.5-inch upholstery cording – four feet long
- Gift wrap tape
- Straight pins – this project used four
- Hot glue gun and glue refills
- Letter stickers to spell ‘HELLO SPRING’
- Rain boots
- Glass vases
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. To create the wreath, use a ruler to measure 4 equal sections. Mark with a pencil. Using a small paint brush, paint two sections in the first color (aqua) and the other two sections in the second color (white). Be sure to paint as closely to the lines as possible, set aside and let dry.
TIP: You can also use painter’s tape to divide the sections before painting.
2. Once the paint is dry, add ribbon to cover the line where the two colors meet. Use a hot glue gun to secure one end of the ribbon to the back of the wreath over the paint line and wrap the ribbon around the wreath once. Secure the other end with the hot glue gun.
NOTE: Be sure to follow manufacturer guidelines and safety instructions when using the hot glue gun.
3. Wrap each end of the cording with a piece of gift wrap tape and use scissors to trim the excess edges off neatly. Tape the two ends together to create one large circle. Fold the circle in half to find the half way mark and mark it by inserting a straight pin. Then, fold it again to create an even pattern to create four quadrants, marking each quadrant with a straight pin.
4. Attach the rope to the wreath by inserting the straight pins into each ribbon adhered in step 2. Use a hot glue gun to secure the rope in place on the ribbons. Once the glue is dry, remove the pins.
5. Take another piece of ribbon and wrap it around the existing ribbon, this time including the rope in the wrap to keep it secure. Add a little more hot glue to the front side of the rope to keep the ribbon tight and secure, then wrap it around and glue it down on the back. Repeat for all four of the paint lines.
6. Add the letter stickers onto the front of the wreath to spell out ‘HELLO SPRING’
8. To complete your spring décor, add a quick and easy boot vase by placing a pair of boots next to each other. Since they seldom stay together neatly on their own, follow package instructions to adhere Command™ Picture Hanging Strips to the side of each boot. This will allow you to click them together in place. Be sure to reference the temperature guidelines on the packaging to ensure proper adhesion.
9. Add in slim, glass vases into the boots to hold water for freshly cut branches. If you decide to change the decor, simply remove the Picture Hanging Strips and vases and the boots are perfect to wear again.