Dedicate a wall in your room to hang up all of your accessories using Command™ Hooks! This project lets you Keep items organized in their place and adds some color to your wall to brighten up the room. With the help of a few supplies including paint, ScotchBlue™ Painter's Tape, a level, and Command™ Clear Utensil Hooks, you will be able to get your accessory wall looking great in no time!
– ScotchBlue™ Painter’s Tape
– Paint color of your choice – this project uses pink
– Craft paint in the color of your choice – this project uses gold
– Paint Brushes (2) – this project uses on brush for each color paint
– Isopropyl rubbing alcohol
– Accessories to organize (e.g. light scarves, sunglasses, etc.)
– Optional – small, decorative glass photo frame
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Choose desired location for accessory organization center, and tape off area of wall using ScotchBlue™ Painter's Tape. This area will be the background of your organization station. Paint the wall with your desired color using your paintbrush and let dry. Then, use the craft paint to make small circles around the border of the station.
2. Allow paint to dry for at least 7 days to enable the paint to fully cure. Then, prep the wall by cleaning the surface with isopropyl rubbing alcohol, wipe gently and let dry. Determine how many rows you want to create - this project creates three. Then, use a level to ensure straight lines and mark them using ScotchBlue™ Painter's Tape.
3. Remove the Command™ Clear Utensil Hooks and adhesive strips from the packaging, and detach the strips from one another.
To attach the first hook, remove black “wall side” liner and apply strip to the desired location on the wall, ensuring that you are not placing adhesive directly on the painter's tape. Press firmly along the entire strip for 30 seconds.
4. Remove blue liner, and apply the hook to the adhesive strip. Make sure the tab is accessible at the bottom of the hook for future removal, and press firmly along the entire hook for 30 seconds.
Repeat steps 3-4 for each hook you wish to attach. Wait one hour before hanging any items from the hooks.
5. Once all of the hooks have been attached to the wall, carefully remove the painter's tape.
6. Hang and display your accessories for easy access and interchange them each season.
7. To supplement the accessory station, create a framed jewelry display to keep on a nearby dresser using a small, decorative glass photo frame and Command™ Clear Decorating Clips.
Wipe the glass of the photo frame with isopropyl rubbing alcohol and let dry.